PLEASE READ FIRST – How to protect yourself from breathing ozone
What are vaginal insufflations?
What equipment do you need?
How to perform vaginal insufflations
Risks and how to avoid them
You perform vaginal insufflations by infusing an ozone/oxygen gas mix into the female reproductive system with the help of a catheter. They are best performed in a continuous fashion: one attaches a catheter to the ozone output hose and allows for the ozone/oxygen gas mix to flow in for the desired amount of time.
Here is what you need in order to perform VI directly from the ozone generator in a continuous fashion. Which in my opinion is the best way to do it.
1. Oxygen source (tank or concentrator) including low flow regulator
2. Ozone generator
3. Extra silicone tubing, connector, catheter
[3a. OPTIONAL: humidifier and trap]
5. Extras: at least two old or white towels, some plastic cover, a good book
1. Oxygen source: Either an oxygen tank or an oxygen concentrator can be used which produces oxygen of at least 90% purity. Whatever oxygen source you choose, make sure your ozone generator is able to produce concentrations between 20 and 50 mcg/ml at the given oxygen flow. Consult the chart of your ozone generator to find out whether you will be able to produce those concentrations.
2. Ozone generator: It should be an oxygen fed generator which can produce ozone concentrations of at least up to 50 mcg/ml. Any of the recommended generators on this page will do the job. The one in the pictures above is the EliteO3 Dual Cell from Promolife.
3. Silicone tubing, connector, catheter: Take 3 to 4 feet of silicone tubing, use a luer lock on one side (to connect it with the ozone generator) and this adapter on the other side. The adapter fits perfectly into the catheter. Use either standard catheters with the orange top or silicone catheters. They can be reused. Just rinse them with warm water.
[3a. OPTIONAL Trap and humidifier: with prolonged insufflations increased dryness can occur. Running the ozone through water first can mitigate or prevent that. The trap serves to protect the ozone generator from water which tends to travel back through the tubing. Insert enough water into the humidifier to cover the stem, so around 1/3 to 1/2 full. The trap must remain empty and is placed between the ozone generator and the humidifier. So the ozone travels first into the trap, then into the humidifier with water, then into the silicone tubing and then through the catheter.]
Make sure to protect your furniture. Especially if it’s an awesome pink velvet couch ;-).
Put some extra towels on top of the plastic and on your crotch.
4. Mask: During VI a lot of ozone can escape into the room. You want to protect yourself from breathing it in as much as possible. What I have found works the best is wearing a mask which filters out ozone. An additional fan and good ventilation through open windows offers extra protection.
5. Extras: Towels, plastic cover, a good book. Use the plastic to cover your furniture. Ozone bleaches every fabric it comes in contact with. Just keep in mind that over time, the plastic will be destroyed by ozone. So either regularly check that the plastic is still intact, or get a piece of silicone sheets, or treat it with a silicone spray. Put one towel on top of the plastic and the other one on top of your crotch. It will absorb some of the ozone. During the VI you can relax and read or work on your computer.
1. Prepare everything: put the plastic and the towels on your couch, connect the oxygen source with the ozone generator, plug both into the power supply (if needed), connect the silicone tubing and the connector to the ozone generator.
2. Open or turn on the oxygen source. If it’s a tank: open the valve of the tank and the regulator at a low flow of 1/8 LPM. If it’s an oxygen concentrator: let the machine warm up for a few minutes, then adjust the external regulator to 1/8 LPM.
3. Put the mask on.
4. Undress, sit down on the couch, and insert the catheter.
5. Connect the catheter with the silicone tubing.
6. Set the ozone generator to the desired ozone concentrations. 20 to 50 mcg/ml is sufficient.
7. Read a book or work on your laptop. Start with 10 minutes three times a week. Work up slowly to 20 to 30 min daily.
8. After you’re done turn off the ozone generator, turn off or close the oxygen, remove the catheter, and rinse it out with warm water. You may reuse it.
Except for the Ozonette, none of the ozone generators presented on this website have been approved for medical purposes. Any application of the machines for other than water purification is at the sole risk of the user.
Information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. No health claims for these products or diagnostic tools have been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), nor has the FDA nor any other medical authority approved these products to diagnose, cure, or prevent disease. Since every person is unique, we highly recommend you to consult with your licensed health care practitioner about the use of ozone products in your particular situation. Neither The Power of Ozone nor the manufacturers of these items are responsible for the misuse of this equipment. It is highly advised to receive professional council from a licensed doctor before using Ozone Therapy or any of the mentioned products or tests on yourself.
This website contains affiliate links, which means Paola may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. You will pay the same price for all products and services, and your purchase helps support Paola‘s ongoing research and work.
Thanks for your support!
Join over 12,000 Ozone Enthusiasts
Subscribe to the mailing list!
The Power of Ozone Newsletter
You know how this goes: you sign up once, and then you keep getting emails on a daily basis. No matter how much you liked the idea of a newsletter in the beginning, eventually it always turns into spam. Ugh!
See, this will never happen here. I write waaay too slow to create spam. Just check out my blog. Even if I wanted to, I'm unable.