In a battle between Ozone and the Ebola Virus – who wins? Instant spoiler alert: We don’t know.
[Update December 2015: In 2015 Dr. Rowen, Dr. Robins, Dr. Carew, Dr. Kamara and Mohamed Ibrahim Jalloh published a paper describing 5 cases of patients who had developed typical symptoms of Ebola virus infection after close contacts with other confirmed Ebola infected patients. All 5 patients regained health after just a few DIVs (direct ozone IV), rectal ozone insufflations and the ingestion of ozonated water. Here the full report.]
The best shot we had at finding out was when Dr. Robert Rowen and Dr. Howard Robins went to Sierra Leone in October 2014 to train doctors in using ozone therapy on Ebola patients. Unfortunately, the two doctors were prohibited from fulfilling their mission’s goal when staff who were scheduled to work with them was threatened by the office of the Minister of Health of Sierra Leone (“Your job will be in jeopardy if you allow them to use ozone therapy on anyone.”, Dr. Rowen’s Facebook wall, October 24th, 2014). Dr. Rowen and Dr. Robins had to return home without being able to see ozone therapy administered to a single Ebola patient. Ozone might or might not kill Ebola and it might or it might not cure patients infected with Ebola. In order to know that for sure one would have to perform tests which would include live Ebola viruses. Which to my knowledge has never been done – yet. Neither in a petri dish, nor on an animal or a human being. BUT: Ozone has been tested on a wide variety of other viruses, here some of the results:
– Ozonated seawater inactivates nodavirus in Halibut fish: http://www.int-res.com/articles/dao/39/d039p089.pdf
– Ozone proves effective against MRSA and viruses in a dental cleaner: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12046522
– “Reduction of Norwalk virus, poliovirus 1, and bacteriophage MS2 by ozone disinfection of water”: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12839770
– Ozone kills Torque teno virus (TTV) is a novel hepatitis virus in waste water treatment: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15925397
– Ozone inactivates caliciviruses and enteric adenoviruses: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16061270
– Ozone inactivates intra- and extracellular enterovirus 71: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16838411
– Ozone induces resistance against Cucumber mosaic virus in tomato plants: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17055071
– A new ozone nebulization technique kills Coliphage MS2: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9394395
– Ozone inactivates surfaces viruses: “http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18561570“
– “Treatment of medical ozone on patients with chronic hepatitis B is effective.”: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19544653
– Ozone may be an effective disinfectant to control the transmission of murine Norovirus in water: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820967/
– Ozone therapy is associated with disappearance of Hep C virus: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21417811
– “Inactivation of bacteriophage lambda, Escherichia coli, and Candida albicans by ozone” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9684309
– Ozone inactivates Vesicular stomatitis virus, encephalomyocarditis virus, GDVII virus, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Salmonella typhimurium, enteropathogenic Escherichia coli, Vibrio cholerae, and Shigella flexneri: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/163616
– “Inhalation of ozone and sulfur dioxide inhibited influenza virus growth in the nose of mice.” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/189703
– Ozone decays bacteriophage phiX174: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/265341
– “Ozone was observed to alter two of the four polypeptide chains present in the viral protein coat of poliovirus 1” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6261692
– Ozone inactivates HEp-2 cell-associated poliovirus (Sabin 1) and coxsackievirus A9: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6280611
– “Exposure to ozone reduces influenza disease severity and alters distribution of influenza viral antigens in murine lungs.” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6182839
– Inactivation of enteroviruses in sewage with ozone: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6322455
– Ozone inactivates Venezuelan equine encephalomyelitis virus: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4083884
– Ozone inactivates simian rotavirus SA-11 and human rotavirus type 2 (Wa): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2823709
– Ozone inactivates HVJ, Theiler’s murine encephalomyelitis virus (TMEV), Reo type 3 virus (RV) and murine hepatitis virus (MHV): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2163330
– Ozone’s inactivation of a large-focus-forming variant of hepatitis A virus (HM-175): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2173968
– Ozone disrupts Herpes simplex virus type-1, vesicular stomatitis Indiana virus, vaccinia virus, adenovirus type-2, and the PR8 strain of influenza A virus http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18598719
Impressed? I am, too. Be it the Poliovirus, Hepatitis, MRSA, Herpes or Influenza Virus – in all of those cases ozone has proven an effective killer. Apparently, there has not been found a virus or bacteria yet, which has shown to be immune to ozone.Given the above findings and knowing how ozone destroys viruses, ozone certainly looks like the best bet available to effectively and safely kill Ebola.
How Does Ozone Destroy Viruses? The mechanism is manifold: 1) Ozone burns a hole into the virus’s lipid envelope, its outer protective layer. 2) Ozone destroys the capsid, a protein coat which protects the viral genome. 3) Ozone destroys the nucleic acid itself (single- or double-stranded RNA or DNA) of the virus. 4) Ozone destroys the sulfhydryl groups of the virus, making it impossible for the virus to connect to a receptor in the human body.Given that viruses are much less complex than bacteria it’s actually much easier for ozone to inactivate viruses. Lesser ozone concentrations and shorter exposure times are required to kill viruses than to kill bacteria.
How Ozone Stimulates the Immune System’s Ability to Kill Viruses Apart from ozone causing direct damage to the virus itself, ozone also catalyzes a number of immunostimulating and immunomodulating actions which turn the human body into a killing machine of pathogens – without doing harm to the human body itself:
“Inside the body the virucidal and bactericidal capacity of O3 is achieved by stimulating the immune system and not by the direct attack of the microorganism. The ozone has immunomodulatory action, since it is able to modulate the immune response by stimulating the activity of leukocytes and the production of cytokines, interferons and TNF-a. The H2O2 formed after decomposition, enhances the body’s defense capability. (14)The ozone action on the immune cell is compared with the effect caused by mitogens. In citocinetic induction of immunocompetent cells, the lymphocytes CD4 + T (cooperators, helpers,) activated by macrophages produce cytokines that initiate intercellular communication in their role as messengers. The IL-2 released by these cells, is responsible for the activation and differentiation of the T cell, activation of natural killer cells (NK) (spontaneous cytotoxic) induce cytotoxicity of CD8 + T cells and promotes the activation and proliferation of B cells, hence these cells are considered a mainstay in the cell-mediated immune response. Thus, the activated CD4 + T lymphocytes trigger a complete cascade of immune reactions. (15) Activation of CD8 + T cells, macrophages, neutrophils, eosinophils, NK cells and the activation of cell cytotoxicity depending of antibody, establish immune effector mechanisms to destroy virus-infected cells, tumor cells or kill bacteria and parasites. (16) In appropriate dosage, ozone is an inducer of IFNα, FNTα, IL-2 and IL-6, which have antiviral and antibacterial activity and does not cause cell damage.
And to top it all off ozone has also a vaccine effect, protecting the body from future infections! Damn. I almost feel sorry for Ebola. Almost.So, I don’t know about you, but with ever new viruses, germs and other plagues hounding our planet, I’ll still be sleeping soundly tonight, hugging closely my ozone machine and oxygen tank …
This just in – update November 22nd, 2014: FIRST CURED EBOLA CASE WITH OZONE REPORTED
“Drs. Robert Rowen, of Santa Rosa California and Howard Robins, of New York City, announce the first cure of the Ebola infection in the world with a safe treatment costing less than 40 USD. (…) On Friday November 14, 2014, a physician at an Ebola treatment center in Sierra Leone in West Africa accidentally stabbed himself with an Ebola contaminated needle.This doctor had been recently trained in the Rowen-Robins Ebola Treatment Protocol, which uses the specific Robins Method of Direct Intravenous infusion of ozone gas (DIV). Upon the emergence of symptoms 2 days later on Sunday November 16, he called Kojo Carew, MD of Freetown, Sierra Leone. Dr. Carew is the physician in charge of maintaining the program and equipment/supplies brought and taught by Rowen/Robins who came to Sierra Leone to teach the protocol at the invitation of President Ernest Bai Koroma in October 2014. The infected doctor did not return to work on Monday November 17, 2014, which became his first day of treatment.Dr. Rowen was informed of the needle stick on Sunday November 16, 2014, but was not advised that symptoms had yet developed. Rowen sent back instructions to treat him preventively and immediately with the protocol, believing the exposed doctor to be at great risk for symptoms to develop within 5 days. Dr. Robins, informed shortly after, concurred with the preventive protocol and urgency of treatment. Unbeknownst to Dr. Rowen, symptoms did develop on day 2 (Sunday November 16) – the doctor reported high fever, loss of appetite, abdominal distress, and significant fatigue, which symptoms were rapidly progressing, classic signs of Ebola. Treatment began the third day after the needle-stick. After just 2 days of treatment (November 18, 2014), all symptoms were gone.. The doctor chose not to get an Ebola blood test at the time. A positive test would have mandated forced confinement in an Ebola treatment center where he would have been denied the ozone therapy. He believed this would likely have cost him his life, as the best clinics in Sierra Leone have a 60% death rate.”http://www.docrowen.com/ebola-cure-press-release.html
Sources: Dr. Rowen’s Facebook Wall
LEGAL DISCLAIMER All of the material on this site is intended as educational information only in regards to alternative healthcare options that are available to the healthcare consumer. The advice on this site are intended solely for informational and educational purposes and are not intended to replace your doctor. Please consult a medical professional if you have questions about your health. p.